Obituary

A part of me is dead – A part of me! It’s not a side (~intellectual / emotional / romantic / philosophical / mathematical / physical / spiritual / professional / educational / behavioral / musical / dramatic / foolish / funny / serious etc) of me but a PART of me.

My heart weeps and the mind mourns the death of it, as it feels and tries to come to terms with the death – Had it been a side of me, things would have been clear, easy and composed.

Like all death, I will mourn for sometime, and life goes on.

What’s important is that there is a huge part that is alive. I will not brood on finding out what is dead – cos, the more you dig into what’s dead, the stinky and rotten it gets. Unfortunately, you cannot awaken what’s dead, but can grow back into being the ‘full of life’. I am glad that life is like that, at least till we die physically.

These are the words that have been ringing in my head for the last couple of hours, and the fact that I pay tribute to death; I guess a part of me is really dead.

~ To death, John 2007

Comments