Life Passes By

Everything around you rushes as if in a hurry to finish, everything around you spins, giving the feeling of almost spiraling out of control – and then the moment freezes, you are the center piece and you are watching at yourself at the same time too!

What a feeling! РThere are occasions when these moments become way too long even for a couple of minutes Рoccasions when there is a birthday, one more anniversary, a farewell party, walked into a new job or just about a simple question that hurls you into a pandemonium, swinging in a wild motility of current reality, the pass̩ memories and the imaginary at the same time.

A sudden awakening, that you are so old, when the memories are still so fresh of the mischievous childhood, of the prank that you played in your school, still feel the heat of zest of college days, and the first job just looks like yesterday – and yet, they are only memories so far away in time.

The eyes mist and maybe, that’s the hint that ‘the yesterday’ is really very far, and future suddenly seems very short. It’s all frozen, and yes the cameras roll, the clock moves, everything around rushes to a new pace, and the centrifugal force for a fierce spinning just knocks you off.

At high noon, the shadows disappear” – for a long time, I never understood this statement, and suddenly it dawns, albeit at high noon, not expecting to see any, but dazzling are the shadows sprawled all over!

Another day, one more hour, another minute and the unforgiving second, all just passed by, and seem to run away, away, away.

Should I forget, should I remember, should I create new memories, or just stand frozen, and watch everything rush as if in a hurry to finish, everything around spinning with the feeling of almost spiraling out of control?

Life passes by!

Comments

Kavitha David said…
hey little (big) brother..just a reminder of a good old song..

Day by day, and with each passing moment,
Strength I find to meet my trials here;
Trusting in my Father's wise bestowment,
I've no cause for worry or for! fear.
He, whose heart is kind beyond all measure,
Gives unto each day what He deems best,
Lovingly its part of pain and pleasure,
Mingling toil with peace and rest.

Every day the Lord Himself is near me,
With a special mercy for each hour;
All my cares He fain would bear and cheer me,
He whose name is Counsellor and Pow'r.
The protection of His child and treasure
Is a charge that on Himself He laid;
"As thy days, thy strength shall be in measure,"
This the pledge to me He made.

Help me then, in every tribulation,
So to trust Thy promises, O Lord,
That I lose not faith's sweet consolation,
Offered me within Thy holy Word.
Help me, Lord, when toil and trouble meeting,
E'er to take, as from a father's hand,
One by one, the days, the moments fleeting,
Till with Christ the Lord I stand.

lots of love & prayers

Akka